Sunday 13 May 2012

Cendol truck at Damansara Uptown

I think im beginning to balloon up... ive been eating like there's no tomorrow and have been getting comments that my face seemed larger then usual. Ive been having breathing difficulties at times- feeling tight at the chest and full at the stomach :p often after i have three a huge serving at mealtimes. Im waiting on my tummy to grow but my face seems to be beating my tummy to it.


I had 3 servings of mom's nasi dagang in a row and packed more for me to eat at home. Then on the way back to our place, i saw the cendol truck and HAD to have some cendol pulut- no less. Bear in mind i had had 3 servings of nasi dagang which is a half and half of rice and pulut. Bring on more pulut and santan!!!




This was my 1st time tasting this particular cendol eventhough i lived 1 minute drive away from it for 5 years!! And it was surprisingly super good!! Its been a long time since i had really good cendol. I dont quite fancy the over-rated teow chew version on Penang road. I find it to be too cloying and the gula melaka lacked oomphh. The one at Jonker Dessert in Melaka lacks richness in the santan while the gula melaka takes centre stage. Maybe if you paired Penang Road's santan with Jonker Desserts gula melaka you would have a winning combination but as of now- I would stick to the rojak at Penang Road and the noodles at Jonker Dessert.




But this cendol was really aromatic. Holding the bowl, i caught wafts of pandan aroma from the pulut it came with and I just knew it came from actual pandan leaves- none of that paste or bottled crap which tastes horribly aritificial. I dont usually eat the actual strips of cendol- but this one was just slightly salty making it perfect to slurp down with the santan + gula melaka concoction which was just the right combination. It had the perfect ratio of santan to gula melaka making it just a pleasure to drink up. My only gripe was that the red beans used was a little on the hard side. Ive always preferred kidney beans instead of the normal small adzuki beans which lacks sweetness and wont be tender if not thrown into a pressure cooker or cooked for 3 hours.




Despite not being able to breath normally for 2 hours after that, I didnt regret having it and in fact im still craving for it now. If ever you are in Damansara Uptown please do give this cendol a try. I promise you will not regret it! Just make sure you dont have it after you've had 3 servings of anything!


You will find this cendol at the address below! Its located in front of Brother Peter which is on the same row as Wondermilk.




My next update will be about Mukha in Taman Tun- stay tuned!!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like your husband has an excuse to put on some weight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least i wont get fat alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We need to start thursday night football ben..

    ReplyDelete

Like