Thursday 7 June 2012

Free Mori Uptown

I know i promised to blog about Sushi Zanmai but i HAVE to write about this before i forget- Hubs was out with d boys lastnight and since i didnt like being home alone, I asked him to send me over to mum's before he left. My sister n i went out n i found the most amazing bakery ever!! Ive always been a fan of bread- esp steaming hot ones and desserts make me go bonkers. Which explained my squeal of delight when i spotted this pretty new thang in damansara uptown. Ignoring na's deafening demands for ice cream (baskin robins is just nx door), I walked into Free Mori like an excited fat kid.



The bakery is so purdeyyyyyy!!! There werent too many choices since it was past 9pm when we walked in so I guess they had sold out of most stuff but my eyes was glued to the chilled dessert display. They all looked so tempting!! I had a hard time choosing but I finally settled for the Leite mousse (pronounced Light mousse i assume) and the oh so cute tiramisu. the tiramisu looked more like an entremet then something that is normally made in a casserole.

Na HAD to have a sugar donut (RM 2.30 i think?). I dont get this girls obsession with donuts. And we got a golden bar or was it golden bread for free. Popped by next door coz the fat girl would not quit with her demands for ice cream and headed home straight after but our 3 minute ride felt so long coz my sister drives like a 90 year old.



The Leite mousse (RM 7.50)- was gorgeous! It was nicely creamy without much or any gelatine. I hate mousse that uses gelatine. But i couldnt detect any hints of almond tho. The sponge was cottony soft but was a tad too sweet from being over brushed with syrup stock. I scraped most of the mousse off coz they were just so good. This is def something i would buy again.



The tiramisu (RM9.90) had a bit too much gelatine. The coffee flavour was also really subdued which would normally be fine by me coz i hate coffee but even i felt that this could do with a bit more bitterness to it. The sponge fingers was also abit too drenched in syrup (this tiramisu is rum free) making it too sweet. But look at it! Isnt it just the prettiest dessert??

Na's donut was nothing to shout about. I found it to be too dense for my liking having been spoiled with fluffy hollow donuts like J.co and Big apple. Same goes for the golden bar/ bread. Was too dense and a tad dry.



The cakes and bread here are a bit pricier then most run of the mill bakery but i would def come again to try their creme catalana and other desserts next time. The staff was really nice and friendly which is a plus point. They also have cookies and some gourmet coffee i think? Their bread loaves also looked pretty tempting. In fact i may just go again tonight. We'll see :)



Free Mori is located between Baskin Robins and Chatime in Uptown. It sits next to the alley that separates it from Baskins. Its got a side entrance which makes it really unique.

Free Mori Bakery Cafe Damansara Utama
48 Jalan SS21/58
Damansara Utama (Uptown)
47400 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Tel: 03-7722 4157
Toll free: 1 800 22 9288

1 comment:

  1. The doughnut is actually baked, not fried. So I guess that explains the difference in texture from the normal fried ones!

    ReplyDelete

Like